Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Keep Rats In The Freezer

You keep WHAT in your freezer???

Yup, you read me right; I keep dead rats in my freezer. Well, technically, I keep dead rats in a shared freezer, and it's not the one in the kitchen. They're in the freezer in the garage, right above the coffee grounds and just below the chicken breasts, wrapped oh-so-discreetly in neon green plastic bags.

Who DOES that???

Well, if you're me, it sort of comes with the territory. I am a reptile breeder, and this is a taste of my average day.

3 comments:

  1. I think rat stew sounds appetizing. What do you think? How about bbq rat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBQ rat, maybe. From what I hear, the meat has a pretty nasty flavor to it, and I know for myself that they can be pretty pungent when you cook them. (More on that later. I cook for my snakes. ;))

    ReplyDelete