Monday, October 18, 2010

Have Reptiles, Will Stay Home

Hey guys - sorry about the absence; I've been a little busy getting married. ;)

I am now on my ninth day sans scaly babies, and I've got to admit - it feels a little weird. I couldn't figure out why it felt so awkward until I realized that the last actual vacation I took was in June of 2007, over three years ago.

Appropriate pet-sitting is tough to find, even when the animals are as common as dogs or cats; when you have anywhere between 10 and 40 reptiles for people to look after, each with their own particular diet/temperature/humidity/handle-ability requirements... it gets more complicated, not to mention more expensive.

Somehow, for my honeymoon, my mom stepped in with her natural good grace and offered to keep an eye on the critters for me until I get back into the swing of normal daily life.

Those tanks I ordered back in July should arrive some time within the next month and a half or so; I am SUPER stoked, and there will definitely be photos of those when they get here, and once their set up. I'm also going to be working on some decorations for the largest Crested Gecko tank this evening I think - after I move them over, I'm going to be reorganizing things, maybe converting it into a naturalistic set up.

More to come - for now though, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment